Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Non-Fiction True Crime Story


If you like non-fiction, true crime stories, you should try this one. It's a book that won't let you put it down.

Every now and then I feel the need to read a book based on reality. Non-fiction if you like, though my head tells me non-fiction has more to do with text books, exams and sleepless nights. But what do I know? Anyway, like I said, sometimes I need to read something autobiographical.

I have to say, Fighting the Devil wasn't what I expected. I was expecting suspense, drama, some really intense moments, maybe a little scary scenes. What I didn't expect was to be so emotional while I was reading. From sadness to anger, love, hate, fear, pity, revolted, I felt them all. I wasn't expecting that or the fact that I couldn't put it down.

The story is, I think, one of the saddest I've read this year. It's even sadder because it's true. I am amazed by some people's greed, cruelty and their lack of compassion and conscience. It's something that to me is extremely disturbing sometimes. Of course, I have read about murder cases, so it's not exactly news to me, but it is still a little weird and sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment