Sunday, November 20, 2011

Murdered Millionaire's daughter, Becky Sternadel speaks out about her dad's horrific death

My name is Becky Sternadel, my dad was a Texas millionaire rancher. He was poisoned to death at the age of 49 in a terrifying and sick, heinous way. Everyone believes his murder was planned by my evil and very wicked step-mother with the help of my dad's bookkeeper.  The bookkeeper was eventually convicted of my dad's murder and finally sent to prison. But, my dad's widow became rich after inheriting my dad's estate and huge life insurance policy. She is still scot-free, even though she and her best friend (the bookkeeper) pretended to be my dad's caregiver while feeding him poison until he finally died from extreme arsenic poisoning. 
"Fighting the Devil"is a heartbreaking and traumatic book, but the story needed to be told. My dad was poisoned to death and died a very slow, painful death while completely strapped down and begging everyone for help.  
I cried a lot while reading the book. But, once I started reading it, I could not put it down, except to wipe the tears away.  (Everyone needs to watch this video - it truly depicts how my father was murdered) 



My step-mother kept me and the rest of the family from knowing how sick my dad was and none of us knew about the arsenic poison until the day before my dad died. I cried a lot while reading the book.
One thing I know for sure is that after reading this book, I wish I could go back in time and do things different. Life is too short. It is important for us to love our mother and our father with all our heart every day of our life. Time can't be replaced and we can't make up for lost time. My mother put a lot of effort into this book. I appreciate the time and energy she put forth in order to bring my dad's murder to light for everyone to read. I know how hard it must have been for my mother to relive a lot of things that she lived through and probably wanted to forget forever. I hope others never have to suffer the torment that my family and I went through. I still have no closure on the horrible death of my father. I don't know if I will ever have closure for the way he suffered and died. I think my mother's book is quite an achievement and accomplishment. I am very proud of her for writing the book.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't watched the trailer yet, but will try to come back to do so. Your comments about the book are enough to convince me I want to read it. Would be glad to do a review of it on Family Fountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WARREN- WOULD LOVE 4 U TO DO A REVIEW... THANKS A MILLION...DO KEEP IN TOUCH!

      Delete
  2. Jeannie thank you for the welcome on Goodreads we do have a lot in common and after reading the synopsis on the book and viewing the trailer I truly can not wait to read your book. I am now a follower of your blog.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete